The purposes of this course are:
- To study God’s Word to learn His design and purpose for your marriage.
- To learn His design and purpose for you as a spouse. The emphasis will be on what God is calling you to change.The purpose of this class is not to dwell on or discuss our spouses’ faults, short-comings or sins. It is always easier to see the speck in another’s eye than it is to see the log in your own eye.
- To be not only hearers of the Word, but doers of the Word!
- To encourage and pray for each other.
- It is not to give others our advice; we will be looking to God for advice and guidance.
From its very beginning, the institution of marriage has been the God-ordained bonding of one man and one woman to become one flesh as long as both shall live. Read Genesis 2:21–24.
If two people are to become one in a growing, lifelong union, God must be central to that relationship. His help and guidance are essential for a marriage to become all He has designed it to be.